Sunday, June 13, 2010

Korea's First Match in World Cup 2010
























































































Date: 12 Jun 2010 (Sat)

Time: 2030 (Korean time); 2130 (Msian Time)

Venue: 1) Photos taken at Seoul
2) Host country: Msia's forefather, the former Land of Apartheid

Went to Seoul City Hall yesterday to watch the first 2010 world cup match for S. Korea. They played against Greece. The bet ratio is 50:50 (courtesy of my former form-6 class monitor, keke).

Although it is exam season now, i cant help but to get my ass out for some fresh air to kill off the drowsy mood of the rainy Saturday. Plus this match will be the best time for me to get a glimpse of how Koreans cheer for their country. It's a whole new experience for a kampung boy like me who only get to cheers for his beloved country at Thomas Cup and Olympic badminton in world arena at most.

This first match of S.Korea was placed at the best time on Saturday nite. The rest of the 2nd and 3rd game were scheduled to be in the midnite. So, not much for me to get out from the scenes and cheers during my sleeping time i guess. Did not dare to ask other friends to join me during this exam season except one who i tot was a football maniac. At the end, the maniac turned out to be wise enuff not to join me for the fear of not have enuff study and flunk 5 of the exams next week.

Travelling and doing things alone are always enjoyable as I get to go wherever i like, change my plan easily, get to meet new ppl and observe my surrounding more sharply (dont forget that i still have the instinct of being an agent; well trained since my previous job in CIA~~).

I was lucky enuff to see the crowd's responds during the first goal around 7 minutes before i left the City Hall field. Again, was lucky enuff to see S.Korea's 2nd goal in the school hall. The view of the match was better compared to the City Hall which were too crowded and messy. S.Korea won Greece with 2-0. Everyone was so happy as well as the pub owners. Yeah, the pub in Sinchon will have good business even in the exam season, thanks to the match.

I was happy for S, Korea too, but it would be better if Msia is competing in S.Africa too. Can you believe Msia was on par with S.Korea and even once defeated this Asian Football Giant to proceed to the 1972 Olympic in Munich, Germany? Too bad, S.Korea survived and last but Msia has been dropping in the world sport arena as well as its economy. FIFA released the latest Coca Cola World Rankings: S. Korea at 47th and Msia at 146th. My primary school mathematics apply here, 99 place behind. What a joke! All thanks to corruption and match-fixing scandals.

Alas, welcome to Msia, where corruption is well accepted and the Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has not been working for the ppl but they work side by side with the current corrupted-government covering their shit. My good friend during uni time was found dead under the MACC building last year, one day before his wedding. He worked for the opposition party and was summoned for an investigation by the MACC for a case accusing the party for misusing a very small amount of state fund, which amounted to RM2000 (OMG! less than 600 USD, not even a single tip of % of the amount received by some big fish in the ruling parties and their cronies). I certainly do not believe my friend will jump from the MACC building, suicided himself ; these must have something to do with the MACC who held the investigation on him till midnite. No CCTV was recorded. Funny!

Wow! Surprisingly, Msia's standing is not that bad in the world corruption perception index, ranking at 56th behind S. Korea (39th) and of course Singapore (3rd) in 2009. Am i wrong about my country being too corrupt? But what i know is my friends corrupted the traffic police. Once i was instructed to hand the monthly 'fee' to the KL city hall staff who came to my previous work site by his bike. If not paid, they have all sorts of power and excuses to summon you ranging from cleanliness and public hazards which are very subjective.

My Japanese friend was was requested bribery money from a custom officer when he came into Msia from Singapore. Eventually, he bribe the officer but jotted down the name of that officer. He reported the bribery case to the head quarter of MACC and so coincidently it was the same day that my politician friend mentioned above was found died under the MACC building! My uncle's truck have to pay 'protection fee' to the traffic police for not giving problem to them on some quibble matters. Believe me, you pay differently for different districts and federal route. The more rules the government setup, if not being study properly, will serve as a fertile ground for corruption during the execution.

I'm not sure if i will be charged under the sedition act or any other internal security act for this posting but if it is surfaced, my posting will have fulfill its mission ~~~


Ok, time to watch football!




No comments:

Post a Comment